Lately I’ve seen these paper DIY Christmas Decorations on the internet and in magazines and think they looked amazing, so I thought I’d find out how to make them and give it go myself. They are really simple to make but really effective, just make sure you use strong enough glue so they hold together. You could make them in all different sizes so that they could be used as part of a Christmas garland or a Christmas tree decoration, I’m hanging mine along my banister.
DIY Christmas Decorations – Paper Star
All you need to create your own paper star DIY Christmas Decoration is:
7 x square pieces of paper (The size of your squares will depend on how big you want your star decoration, I have chosen 10 cm square pieces of paper)
1. Fold one of the square pieces of paper in half diagonally and then again into a quarter. Cut three straight lines into the folded piece of paper approx 1 cm apart. As shown in picture 2. (The space between each cut and how many cuts you need will depend on the size of your star.)
2. Open the piece of paper and cut in half, this will become your cutting template.
3. Fold another square piece of paper in half diagonally and place your cutting template over the top of this. Cut along the cut lines.
4. Open up the square piece of paper you have just cut and flatten. Take the inner triangle cuts and fix the ends together using glue as shown in the picture.
5. Take the next triangle cut and fix those ends together but this time in the opposite direction. As shown in picture 6.
6. Repeat this process until all ends have been fixed together to create 1 point of your star.
7. Repeat this process with the remaining 5 pieces of paper, creating 6 points to your star.
8. Take 3 of your completed points and stick the top of the points together creating a semi-circle. Make sure that the star points are glued together facing the same direction.
9. Repeat step 8 for the remaining 3 points of your star and staple both half’s together to secure. Your paper star is now complete!
10. To finish mine I used a wool needle to feed through a 3 mm wide red ribbon to create a loop so I could hang my star.
Happy paper star making!!!